“A child goes missing every 40 seconds in the U.S. In excess of 800,000 children are reported missing each year & another 500,000 go missing without ever being reported. Approximately 60 percent of attempted abductions occur when a child is going to and from school or school-related activities….”
- U.S. Department of Justice
What is Kid Safe?
KID SAFE is an upbeat and positive workshop for children designed to empower children with the information and techniques to help keep them safe from abduction, assault, and abuse.
In the KID SAFE workshops children will have the opportunity to learn and practice these techniques in a fun interactive and motivating setting. Our Workshops are costumed for different age groups, various environmental settings, and life situations of the children, but all KID SAFE workshops share the following concepts:
- Awareness Training - recognizing safe and dangerous situations
- Stranger Safety - how to identify strangers
- Safety Zones and Touches – appropriate zones of safety and what is and is not appropriate touching for different adults in a child’s life
- Self Protection – physical and mental self protection techniques designed for specifically children
In our KID SAFE workshops, our certified instructors focus on the positive, thus building the students self esteem and confidence as well as the ability of awareness and self protection. We create an atmosphere of “learning by doing” which mean the children will interactively participate and practice physical and verbal techniques. Finally we present real situation and scenarios to better help the children relate to our information.